SO when I started my cake business, I was by myself and even though I had a business degree I still felt like I had no clue what exactly I should be doing, in what order, etc.. What do I make? How do I get the cake decorating skills and which ones do my clients want and how do I get in front of them? How do I actually start the business and collect taxes? How do I sell the product/service to my customer and how do I interact with them? What supply do I buy?
I wasted a LOT of money on advertising in the wrong places and buying the wrong supply products. Over the last DECADE I have really learned what works and what doesn't and really do not want others making the same mistakes.
Here are my top 6 things that you really need to know and have in place if you want to start your own cake decorating business, specifically for wedding cakes. And do not worry. If you don't have them down we can help you!
1) Product You are Offering: Are you offering what the customer wants? Have you mastered at least a few things that your clients seem to enjoy?
2) Customer Service: Have you created a personal and authentic experience for your customer?
3) Advertising: Have you found the source of where your customer is going to find businesses like yours to buy product/service?
4) Selling Yourself: Do you know how to attract customers and then CLOSE the deal?
5) Networking and Visibility: Do people know you make cake? Have they seen your masterpieces? Do they know what flavors you offer? What social media platforms are you on? Are you consistent with your content? What type of content are you posting?
6) Getting a Mentor/Teacher to Cut Time, Make More Money and Make Less Mistakes: The right class can change your entire life! Have you taken any classes to learn your skillset? Do you bounce business or cake ideas off anyone? Do you have anyone taking the time to show you show what your next steps are and motivating you to get past the roadblocks? Have you structured your business correctly?
If you don't know where to start with the above questions, the odds are that you have a long way to go with being profitable in selling your cakes. I WISH I had a class 10 years ago that could have taught me all of this. Since I didn't I CREATED THE COURSE and I am sharing my knowledge for a limited amount of time with a small amount of motivated people who want to change their lives. If you want in all you have to do is APPLY HERE. For more detailed information please Click Here.
We are offering a 1 MONTH apprenticeship and semi-private experience where you will learn not only the tried and true business start up principles, skills and recipes to start your cake business but you will also learn wedding cake decorating AT THE BEACH and earn $50,000 to $100,000 your first season! This is your OWN business, we are just helping you start it.